Donations to IIGB are used toward a variety of activities and programs that prepare new generations of scientists for the exciting new era of interdisciplinary, genomics science. Your donations will assist both young and established researchers to develop novel approaches and technologies to solve many of the complex health and environmental issues facing local and international communities today.
An outright gift may be composed of almost any asset of value, is tax deductible, and can be used immediately to benefit the Institute and its Centers in many significant ways. Please read below about ways to contribute to the mission of the Institute and its Centers
IIGB Innovation Fund
The IIGB Innovation Fund was established in 2007 to broadly support the mission of the Institute for Integrative Genome Biology and its affiliated Centers: the Center for Plant Cell Biology, the Biotechnology Impacts Center, and the Center for Disease Vector Research. Donations received through this fund will assist the Institute and Centers in endeavors such as those listed below.
– Fellowships for postdoctoral researchers and graduate students and scholarships for undergraduate students
– Funding a Seminar Series or Symposium for IIGB and/or its affiliated Centers.
– Support for students and postdoctoral researchers to present their research at national/international meetings
– Innovative pilot interdisciplinary research projects
– Acquisition and maintenance of equipment to facilitate research
– Support for training/workshops on instrumentation or research approaches
– Undergraduate student internships
– Awards for outstanding achievement by postdoctoral researchers, graduate, and undergraduate students
– Community outreach and student recruitment efforts
Natasha V. Raikhel Award in Research Innovation and Science Leadership
The Natasha V. Raikhel Award in Research Innovation and Science Leadership was established in 2016 to honor the legacy of the former IIGB Director, Natasha V. Raikhel, by recognizing pioneering research and effective leadership by an IIGB faculty or non-Academic Senate member
CEPCEB and CIDVR Donation Opportunities
How to Donate
- Credit card donations to the IIGB Innovation Fund, and Natasha V. Raikhel Award in Research Innovation and Science Leadership can be made with UCR’s secure Online Gift Form.
- Check or money orders can also be made payable to the UC Riverside Foundation.
Please specify “IIGB Innovation Fund” or “Natasha V. Raikhel Award in Research Innovation and Science Leadership” in the note field of your contribution and mail it to:
Office of Development
University of California
257-A Highlander Hall
Riverside, CA 92521