The IIGB Innovation Fund was established in 2007 to broadly support the mission of the Institute for Integrative Genome Biology and its affiliated Centers: the Center for Plant Cell Biology, the Biotechnology Impacts Center, and the Center for Disease Vector Research. Donations received through this fund will assist the Institute and Centers in endeavors such as those listed below.
– Fellowships for postdoctoral researchers and graduate students and scholarships for undergraduate students
– Funding a Seminar Series or Symposium for IIGB and/or its affiliated Centers.
– Support for students and postdoctoral researchers to present their research at national/international meetings
– Innovative pilot interdisciplinary research projects
– Acquisition and maintenance of equipment to facilitate research
– Support for training/workshops on instrumentation or research approaches
– Undergraduate student internships
– Awards for outstanding achievement by postdoctoral researchers, graduate, and undergraduate students
– Community outreach and student recruitment efforts